All Keeway vehicles benefit from a two year warranty if in possession of a full service history and that the scheduled maintenance is carried out by an authorised Keeway dealer or a non Keeway dealer specifically authorised by Keeway UK.
All maintenance work must use only Keeway genuine parts. Normal wear and tear plus parts required for servicing is excluded.
It is the end users responsibility to ensure that the servicing /maintenance schedule is complied with – it may be a matter of importance to book your machine into your dealer for service well in advance in order to guarantee an appropriate ‘slot’ for the work to be completed.
The Dealer has a responsibility to record work done to your machine via the Keeway UK online service portal. Your dealer should issue a completed Pre-Delivery Inspection sheet at the time of handing your machine over. Your servicing dealer can also issue you with a copy of the work recorded on the Keeway UK Service Portal – your service history.
The servicing schedule for KEEWAY machines is first service at 500km or 6 months and then every 3000km or 6 months whichever comes first.
NON WARRANTY – excluded items (except manufacturing error)
Spark Plug, Fuel Strainers, Oil Filters, Drive Chains, Air Cleaner Elements, Brake Pads/Shoes, Clutch Disc/Centrifugal Clutch, Light Bulbs/LED’s, Fuses, Gaskets, Tyres, Grommets, Rubber Hoses, Rubber Cushions, Step Rubber and Drive Belts, Breakdown Recovery, Accidental or Negligent Damage, Oil, Petrol. Corrosion and or cosmetic deterioration of all components also excluded.
Batteries, Side Stand, Main Stand, Seat, Wheel Rim (Distortion), Painted Parts, Stickers and Emblems
Exhaust System Structural failure only (Paint/Rust NOT Included), Oil Seals.
ALL OTHER COMPONENTS AND ASSEMBLIES are covered for the full duration against faulty materials or workmanship, this does not include normal wear and tear, misuse, negligence, accidental damage. If a part or assembly has exceeded its normal lifespan and has simply 'worn out' then this is deemed a part requiring replacement during normal servicing.
The warranty is limited to the free replacement or repair of any defective part. This replacement or repair under warranty can only be done with the express permission of MotoGB.
1. The liability of the manufacturer or importer is limited solely to the warranty as defined in article 3 The buyer can in no way claim or apply for compensation for material or physical damage, consumables or loss of income, transport or accommodation, or vehicle recovery.
2. The warranty is void if: a) The product was not used or maintained according to prescribed maintenance intervals specified in the instructions for the related vehicle. b) The product was repaired or serviced outside the authorised dealer network, or using non-original parts. c) Other fuels, lubricants or cleaning products were used than those which were recommended by the manufacturer. d) The product has been rented out or used for commercial purposes. e) A conversion or modification was carried out on the product or if the vehicle has been involved in an accident. f) The product was used for sporting events on closed circuit, off-road, free style, or for purposes for which it was not designed. g) Any alterations to the specification of your machine.
3. Normal wear and damage caused by the use of the vehicle and not due to a material or manufacturing fault, are not covered by the warranty: replacement of tyres and tubes, lighting, spark plugs, contact points, fuses, rubber parts, brake and clutch linings, brake cables, clutch cables, speedometer cables, oil seals, brake discs or drums, belts, filters, chains, sprockets, wheel spokes, fluids such as engine oil, coolant, are expressly excluded from warranty coverage. Corrosion or deterioration of all components is also excluded.
4. On plastic parts and fairings they will be guaranteed only if their workmanship or manufacturing defects are detected prior to handover of the new vehicle to the customer.
5. Warranty on batteries is limited to 6 months.
6. The importer reserves the right to make the final decision on any Warranty Claim.